Sunday, June 8, 2008

Only in Oklahoma!

I am not very good at being diligent in blogging, but that is mainly because we don't have too much stuff going on. This past week I had the opportunity to go to Girl's Camp with the Young Women in our ward and the other wards in the Oklahoma City Stake. We went to a State Park in eastern OK, about 2 hours outside of OKC. I had so much fun at girl's camp and enjoyed spending time with all the young women. But I was excited to get home to a warm shower and a bed instead of sleeping the bed of my truck. The Thursday night that we were at camp, a huge storm was heading towards us. The storm had four different rotations heading right towards our camp ground, it was pretty scary. All of the girl's were in the main mess hall which was the ONLY safe building to be in during the storm. We all ended up being fine and the rotations went north and south of us, but I was thinking this is the kind of thing that only happens in Oklahoma! Corey called me the night of the storm to tell me that there was a tornado warning right where we were. I am so glad that tornado season is almost over. Really the only bad thing about Oklahoma is the crazy weather!

No comments: